Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Will An Older Stereo Receiver Have Hdmi Home Theater In A Box Or A Receiver And Seperate Dvd Player? Which Is The Better Move?

Home theater in a box or a receiver and seperate dvd player? Which is the better move? - will an older stereo receiver have hdmi

I have to connect an old 2.1 system to my good television. I am creating a home theater with a screen and all.

I want to move to a 5.1 system. I see a lot of theater in a box, but no solution seems to offer the versatility of a specific receptor. I like the idea of an all in one integrated system with DVD, but does not seem to have as many inputs for other devices.

I am also concerned if the DVD is released, I must replace the entire hard drive or walk, and then add another field. So what if you decide to switch to HD-DVD on the street. I have a HTPC and Wii.

Therefore, a specific receptor is the best option long term. Looks like I do, you want to ensure that it is HDMI, it seems that everything in the next 4 years.

(I have a good DVD player with progressive scan, I am glad that also plays Divx now I have several.)

5 comments:

  1. In any case, want to go with a separate receiver. Not only is the much better, but you can get a lot of entries, you can change your sources (DVD, cable box, games) with the touch of a remote control.

    weeder

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems to have motivated

    Answer that suits you best, the receiver separated

    and DVD components. Well, the options

    Receptors (since you already own the DVD) ...

    Consider a model Onkyo or Pioneer Elite, which offers

    the best balance of price and features (I'm not a big

    Fan Denon or NAD, because of my experience with

    Unreliability). Yamaha and Sony ES

    are good (but falls a bit short to draw in general), to consider or

    Arcam If you high-quality speakers for your

    Home theater system for your video system.

    Speakers, Hsu Research powered sub, with a

    Hsu Athena or affordable choice for good discussions

    , Is beef or performance Silverline Audio blank

    tion, if you are willing to undertake high-end too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you on the route that you have for your home theater.
    The receiver has more flexibility in home theater and can be upgraded down normally without cash outlays.
    The receiver is the smartest way for today and tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think he just answered your question. Forget about home theater 5.1. HTIB DVD quality is not as good. The power is only sufficient to feed the speakers themselves. The sound quality was not good compared to what I have. I was in the same situation. I have a 300W Harmon Kardiner receiver with a pair of speakers 70W per channel in the tower. The subwoofer is 150W. Panasonic DVD player.

    I went and bought an Epson Accolade Wireless Audio, which for my rear channels. The radio works very well. I went and bought two speaker 10W power again Klispch inexpensive. I had a center channel speaker as well.

    I tested the 5.1 HTIB route and was not satisfied with the outcome. I bought a Sony home theater and KLH. They were held not to my expectations and had to return to them.

    Now I have the Xbox 360 to connect an optical cable. I've also connected Wii.

    They have a good system, why play with 5.1 HTIB field.

    Good luck

    ReplyDelete